Wednesday, April 5, 2017

This is only temporary ... I hope.

This is what I call my "emergency" blogging portal now.
Let em explain.
I had this blog portal from 2008 to 2009, before I moved to a different locale. When that local stopped working for me, I went to an independent WordPress site.
Yesterday, my old blog sent me eight and a half years of my archived files.  I thought ... great, now I can import those into my new blog and go on as if nothing happened.
HA!
I uploaded the files ...
And got locked out of my new blog.  Apparently the codes that locked me out of my old blog were left in by the previous webhosting techs...
So now I have a crippled blog.
Luckily for me (luckily??), I kept this old Google-based blogger account.  That's me ... never throwing anything away.
For the moment, until further notice, I'll use this blog to keep you apprised on what's happening and what's going on - whether someone can repair my old blog, or will I just have to go forward with this portal for the foreseeable future.
Please bear with me.  This is not the way I planned on starting my day today.

No comments: