Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chuck the Writer is Reunited (and it feels so good)

My Pontiac 6000 and I were reunited this morning. I would have picked it from the dealership last night, but I had to work late and did not get out of the day job in time.

Essentially what happened was this - the car's two fuel injectors failed, and it blew out a fuse in the car. When the Pep Boys in Ohio (I was on vacation at the time) replaced the ECM, and it failed, they replaced it with another ECM but did not replace the failed fuse. That's why when I got back on the road - and stopped for a rest break halfway home - the car wouldn't start again. And when the Pep Boys in Utica replaced another ECM module, the car would start at first - and then failed again on the road.

Thankfully, since the Pontiac 6000 is eighteen years old, it can actually be repaired by any General Motors dealership, and my nearby dealership (DePaula Chevrolet Hummer) takes good care of my car. Got back in it this morning and it runs as good as the day it left the showroom floor.

My long national nightmare is finally over. The car is back to normal. All is right with the world once again.

No comments: