Due to the holidays, the Elbo Room Trivia Tournament won't gear up again until the first week of 2009. There will be three more weeks of qualifying, and then the top eight teams go to the finals on January 29. That's where the $2,000 prize comes in.
As of now, here are the standings. Those teams in green (including my one-man Street Academy team) are "locked in" - in other words, we have enough points to get in the championship round, even if we just answer "Bob Saget" for the rest of the preliminaries. Teams in yellow are still on the bubble; teams in red are on the outside looking in.
So where are the scores? Here are the scores:
- Woo Hoo A Go Go - 23 points
- Big Red Machine - 22 points
- Street Academy - 22 points
- Stern Fans - 18 points
- Beer Addled Brains - 15 points
- Mayhem - 14 points
- Brown Van Experience - 6 points
- Tres Hombres - 5 points
- Liquor in the Front, Poker in the Rear - 3 points
- Donna Martin Graduates - 3 points
- Clay Aiken's Skidmarks - 3 points
- 40 oz. Bounce - 1 point