Monday, April 6, 2009

Chuck the Writer Loves Those Overhead Shots


Sunday afternoon I was at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, N.Y., photographing the PBL playoff game between the Rochester Razorsharks and the Manchester Millrats. Game was a hot affair, with the Rats taking a 116-110 victory over the Sharks to stay alive in the playoffs.

But for me, I wanted a different type of shot. I wanted that classic overhead shot, the one where someone's hovering over the basket and shooting straight down. I've gotten those kind of shots previously, but Blue Cross Arena security wouldn't let me attempt a shot like that previously.

Apparently yesterday they had a change of heart; I was able, with a security member in tow, to take photographs from the catwalks at Blue Cross Arena.

And as you can see from the photo at the upper right... it was worth the wait.

This photo was taken with my Nikon D70 camera and my 80-200 f/2.8 telephoto lens. Post-processing done with Nikon PicturePerfect software. You gotta love that shot!!

No comments: