Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chuck the Writer uploads more Vocal Group Hall of Fame photos

More photos recovered from my archives - this set of photos was taken at the 2001 inductions for the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in Sharon, Pa.

For those not familiar, the Vocal Group Hall of Fame is an organization devoted to honoring the famous vocal duos, trios, quartets, quintets and the like - from doo-wop to big band music.

The 2001 inductions, which were originally scheduled for September 11 (and were hastily rescheduled) included a reunion of past and present members of the Lettermen, as well as vocal performances from the Chordettes, the Lennon Sisters, the Miracles, and - for the first time in nearly 25 years - a reunion of the four original members of the Vogues. Way cool.

Although this was the third VGHF induction and concert that I ever attended, it was the first in which I was able to photograph and document the event, which I did so on what was then a state-of-the-art camera, my Nikon Coolpix 800.

Stop laughing.

I said stop laughing.

I worked that Coolpix 800 for at least a few more years, until it could go no further (I think around 2004) and then I went to my current Nikon D70 DSLR.

Anyways, I just recently received a DVD copy of the 2001 induction concert, and it was a fun show to watch. You can order your own copy by going to the Vocal Group Hall of Fame's website.

No comments: