Friday, June 12, 2009

Chuck the Writer visits some more old children's shows

God sakes, I swear some of these shows are going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

I forgot about such New York City-based children's show that appeared on my local cable system, including this gem called The Magic Garden on WPIX 11:



Meanwhile, over on WNEW 5, you could catch an episode of Wonderama:



Surprisingly, Wonderama used to get some popular guests to the show, including this early performance by ABBA:



And if that weren't enough, how about a children's show in New York City getting Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier on the show - to compete in a game of marbles?? Wow!



Any more fans out there?

1 comment:

D357 said...

Wonderama was good,,,but Romper Room was local. I'm really waiting for the Uncle Floyd clips...